If you’re planning to build a duplex, check out the Top 3 Best-Selling Duplex Plans. Each multifamily plan is an excellent investment property. Construction will be efficient and economical because each duplex plan is a simple design.
Why Build a Duplex?
Single family homes are always popular in the world of real estate. However, there are many hidden benefits to owning a multifamily property. Consider the following reasons to build a Best-Selling Duplex Plan:
Firstly, building a duplex will result in more money. Owning a duplex will double your rental income. A single family home will bring only a limited amount of rent. However, the multifamily unit will result in twice the rental income from one lot. Furthermore, if one tenant breaks their lease, your cash flow will continue from the second unit. This arrangement will keep you afloat in tough economical times. Building a duplex is a safe investment decision.
Secondly, purchasing a Best-Selling Duplex Plan will benefit multiple generations of your family. Build a duplex as your starter home. A young couple can live in one side of their duplex and start a family. Rent the other side to help pay for the mortgage. In addition, you can keep a close eye on your tenants. In years to come, your family can move to a larger single family home and continue leasing your duplex property. When it’s time to retire, you may choose to downsize and go back to the duplex. Families with aging parents will benefit because each generation will enjoy close (yet private) living space. Building a duplex is a strategic investment decision.
Below, we have 3 great options including one and two-story duplex plans.
One-Story Best-Selling Duplex Plans
Traditional Style Multifamily Plan 45347 is our best-selling duplex plan. A compact duplex designed for maximum economy, it has a charming traditional look that is right at home in many residential subdivisions. Each unit is 824 square feet of living space for a total of 1,648 square feet. The exterior dimensions are 48′ wide by 38′ deep. Features include:
- Sheltered back porch accessible from the kitchen.
- Washer/dryer closet reduces laundry noise and provides extra storage for housekeeping supplies.
- Full bath for main living area.
- Bedroom 1 has a private full bath.
- Living area includes space for informal dining.
- Wide hallways make this plan readily adaptable for wheelchair accessibility.
Duplex Plan 45347’s curb-appeal and its suitability for budding families, single professionals, and retired empty-nesters make this duplex worth considering for your next building project.
One-Story Multifamily Best-Selling Duplex Plan 45446 has 978 square feet of living space per unit. The total is 1,956 square feet, and the dimensions are 67′ wide by 30′ deep. This duplex plan is suitable for larger lots and larger families. Renters seeking 3-bedroom houses to rent will flock to your listing. Features include:
- Separate storage building in the rear of the home.
- Pocket doors to close off the kitchen activity if desired.
- Defined space for the living room and dining area.
- Three bedrooms with quick access to the laundry room.
- Convenient coat closet and linen closet to help with organization.
Duplex Plan 45446 offers a simple roofline and rectangular footprint. This plan will be quick and easy to build, so you can have it listed in no time.
Best-Selling Two-Story Multifamily Plan
Colonial Style Duplex Plan 45370 is our Best-Selling Duplex Plan with two levels. The total living space is 2,560 square feet. Each unit has a total of 1,280 square feet. This duplex plan will appeal to families with older children or to renters who need more space. Features include:
- Living room measuring 16′ wide by 11′ deep.
- Kitchen with dining area and small pantry.
- Washer and dryer closet so you don’t have to make trips to the laundromat.
- Bedroom 1 is on the main floor and can double as an office.
- Bedrooms 2 and 3 on the second floor each have private full baths and walk-in-closets.
- The second level has two closets for storage and linens.
Two-story Best-Selling Duplex Plan 45370 is rightly named because it has many selling points. Tenants will love having two master bedrooms. Furthermore, there is no wasted space, and this duplex plan will be easy to build on a budget.
Maximize the potential of your property by building a duplex. Click here to see more Duplex Plans and Multifamily Plan options from Family Home Plans.