by Bruce Arant, Editorial Director for The Garlinghouse Company
For those of you who don’t already know – we’re currently providing many of our home plan books for free. (All you pay for is shipping) This is definitely something that’s worth your time to check out.
As popular as online home plans are (familyhomeplans.com in particular) there is just “something” about settling into a comfortable spot with an actual plan book – real paper and ink. It probably sounds overly dramatic – or even weird – to say, but I think that looking at home plans in a book is a more “intimate” experience. After looking at a computer screen all day, it’s kind of nice to turn pages for a change.
Home plan books are, obviously, more limited than websites in terms of plan selection. But that can actually be a big advantage. When we produce a plan book, we narrow the design selection down to the most popular, or interesting, plans in whichever category the book is focused. The advantage to this is that you don’t have to sort through thousands of designs – unless you want to. If anything, a plan book provides an easy, more streamlined entry point to finding a “manageable” selection of really good home designs.
So with summer almost upon us, take a look at what we’ve got available (FREE) for you to leisurely peruse at poolside. You can’t – or shouldn’t – do that with a laptop.
- Free Quarterly Family Home Plans Magazine
- Two Story Home Plans (FREE)
- Vacation, Retirement & Leisure Home Plans (FREE)
- Country & Farmhouse Home Plans (FREE)
- Dream Home Luxury Home Plans (FREE)
- 402 Affordable Home Plans (Free)
- 223 Favorite Hillside Home Plans (FREE)
- 532 Ranch Home Plans (Free)
- And all others at “Special Price” for a limited time